We have such a huge site (200 acres) and so much on offer, we do not open all areas during term time, especially some of the required school age areas. So we can continue to offer the great valued, reduced ‘off peak’ pricing the outdoor red slide and mini jeep safari will not be open during off peak periods. Our animal handling sessions will become 2 x hourly sessions each day (opposed to half hourly during peak periods).
When are off peak / peak periods?
- Peak periods are classed as School & Bank Holidays and Weekends. It’s when we open all areas of the park and have loads more rangers and a bigger entertainment team to bring fun to all the family.
- Off peak periods are the days that the kids are at school so it’s a quieter experience but still lots of fun to be had for the little ones, home-schoolers and anyone else wanting to visit. (Off peak pricing also applies to weekends & school holidays after 3.30pm).
Which ticket to buy? A standard ticket or an adventurers pass.
- During peak periods (Weekends & School Holidays), you can upgrade your child’s ticket to an Adventurers Pass to include a Tractor ride, Train ride, Chair-O-Planes Ride and a Mini Jeep Safari ride! Adult Adventurer Passes include the Tractor and Train ride. Individual tickets are available, per attraction, please ask on arrival.
- During off peak periods (Week days during term time) you can buy individual tickets for the tractor and train ride for £2 each on arrival.
- Standard Tickets give you access to the park but not the mechanical rides. Individual tickets are available, per attraction, please ask on arrival. You can upgrade to an adventurers pass at anytime during your visit or buy individual tickets.
Example of an off peak day at Avon Valley
11am Mini Rangers / Forest Skills
(Tuesday & Thursday – Mini Rangers. Wednesday & Friday – Forest Skills)
11am-12pm – Animal Handling
11.30am Tractor Ride
12pm Train departs /Chair o Plane
1pm – Pig Racing
2pm – Chairoplane
2pm-3pm – Animal Talks
2.30pm – Tractor Ride / Boats
3pm Train Departs
3.30pm – Chairoplane