Avon Valley Adventure and Wildlife Park is a family-run tourist attraction based between Bath and Bristol. Located just off the A4 with a regular bus service running nearby. The Park offers great opportunities to expand your skill set and a really friendly and fun team to work alongside.
We are looking for staff to join our team. Customer Service is at the forefront of everything we do along with ensuring visitors to the park feel valued and a welcomed with a cheer.
We currently have vacancies for:
We are currently recruiting an animal keeper. The position is 4 days a week and the salary will be discussed at interview. Please email email@example.com
The role of the Keeper is to ensure each and every animal is looked after in the Animal Handling Area and Pets Corner. This must be done in line with the direction given by the Animal Manager. You must report all activities in the daily diary and conform to all practices in the Zoo license and NFAN code of conduct. Duties will include looking after the welfare of the animals and ensuring that all suspected sickness is reported to the Animal Manager in good time. You must be confident when speaking to the public, being able to present animal presentations and activities. You must be flexible and willing to work bank holidays, weekends and over the Christmas period all on a rota basis.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum level 2 National Diploma in Animal Management or equivalent.
- Full UK driving licence.
- At least 2 years previous animal keeping experience.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Trailer licence.
- Customer service skills.
- Experience with reptiles and insects.
- Experience with equines.
- Experience with birds of prey.
Responsibilities include: ·
- Opening up and feeding around getting the area ready for the day.
- Ensuring the completion of all daily recording schedules and animal health records.
- Work efficiently to a time scale, managing jobs around displays.
- Use initiative and show willing when directed to do a job.
- Maintain a fun and interactive workplace keeping everything professional.
- Highlight food requirements and ordering to the Animal Manager.
- Transporting the animals from their pens to the Animal Handling Area as required.
- Ensuring the animals all have food, water and clean bedding throughout the day.
- Administering medicines when directed by your Animal Manager.
- Interact with visitors and give information and fun facts about the animals.
- Ensure that you are welcoming to all visitors .
- Supervising the safety of the animals and visitors throughout the experience and ensuring the staff speak to the children in the correct child friendly manner.
- Observing the animals to ensure they do not get distressed and are rotated.
- Staff members are reminding visitors the importance of washing their hands after touching the animals before leaving the area .
- The hand washing facilities and hand towels are maintained to a high level of cleanliness and are checked and signed for at regular intervals .
- Any complaints or grumbles are dealt with in an appropriate manner and anything you feel unable to deal with is reported to the Duty Manager ASAP .
- All first aid incidents are dealt with quickly and appropriately .
- Alert the Duty Manager ASAP on discovering a fire and direct the team to ensure a smooth evacuation of the area ·
- Conduct other duties as required by the management with regards to the operation of Avon Valley Adventure & Wildlife Park.